Monday, May 19, 2014

Write a story that includes a streetlight, a bear, and a kid with a jar of honey- PART 7


“Her brother’s in really bad shape, he refuses to eat anything sense she left.”

“Have you told him she’s safe?”

“Yes, but he won’t believe any of us, we had to strap him to a table before I left. Howard, that’s how violent he’s getting.”

“We’re going to have to take her back, you were right. She was playing me.”

 

I couldn’t open my eyes yet, move or speak. But I could hear this time. It was the lady dressed in black—Barb—and Howard.

 

“When, though?”

“We’re going to have to use a scan to get her away from the room and her parents. Then we’ll have some men come in a take her, leaving me tied up.”

“Good idea. That way, it will be real for the security cameras and throw suspicion off you, after she said your name.”

“Exactly!”

 

They both left the room and my eyes popped open, but I still couldn’t move or speak.

 

I couldn’t go back there! But I had to get Josh out, so I had to go back.

 

A few hours later, I still couldn’t move or speak. “Man!” I thought, trying to move my head with no success, “he must have given me a heavy duty amount!” Just then, Howard came in, along with two other men and a stretcher.

“Well, Caroline, your awake!” He acted surprised, and I was annoyed. To my own surprise, I actually rolled my eyes at him! Then he smiled even more. “We have to take you for a scan to see how that head of yours is doing.” Acting completely normal. If I could have, I probably would have jumped on him. I was that mad.

 

The two men picked me up and then I was shocked by something, I had just seen Howards face. There was no way he was letting me go now, alive and/or sane.

 

They strapped me in, wheeling me out of room and down the hall. I fought the medication and made a small noise in my throat. No one heard me. I fought it and made a tiny kick with my leg.

“Don’t get yourself excited Caroline,” Howard said, coming beside me and laying a hand on my strapped down arm, “just relax. It will all be over soon.” I rolled my eyes again. Yeah, right. For him, not me.

We entered the x-ray room and the two men left, leaving me alone with Howard. I whined deep down in my throat, and he looked at me. Actually looking sorry for what was about to happen.

 

Just then, the door burst open and two men with guns and masks walked in. Howard backed away from them, putting both hands in the air.

“Down!” one ordered him, and he got down on his knees, and they tied him the leg of the x-ray machine. As I watched the scene, I was horrified. I didn’t want to go back, not for the life of me. God, I prayed, please, just keep me awake, and give me strength!

One of the guys pointed a gun at Howard and ordered him, “Make a move, or a sound, and you’ll regret it.”

“Let’s go.” The other said, grabbing the stretcher with me on it and started to wheel me down the hall. It was deserted. They rolled the stretcher into the stairwell at the end of the hall and shut the door. Quickly they worked, unbuckling me and throwing me over one of their shoulders. Surprised, I realized that my clothes were still on, all but my shoes. Odd, I thought, as they hurried down flights of stairs to the parking deck. It was dark on the side of the parking deck we were coming to, and a car door opened and I was shoved into the back seat. The door slammed and both got in, starting the car. Pulling out of the parking deck, we met semi-darkness as the sun was setting.

 

I still couldn’t move or speak, but I could do one thing.

 

Read and memorize the name of every street we passed……

PART 1- Click Here
PART 2- Click Here
PART 3-  Click Here
PART 4- Click Here
PART 5- Click Here
PART 6-  Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment