Saturday, May 17, 2014

Write a story that includes a streetlight, a bear, and a kid with a jar of honey- PART 6


When I woke up, I felt numb all over. I couldn’t even open my eyes, but I could feel myself laying on something hard, and metal.

I forced my eyes opened and gasped. Mom! Dad! I tried to yell, but my mouth wouldn’t move. There they were, looking down on me. But where was I? I couldn’t hear anything, either. Dad moved his mouth, but no sound same out that I could hear. They both looked relieved, but at the same time, worried. I tried to move my hand, but couldn’t feel if it did anything. I closed my eyes, trying to gather strength, but next thing I knew, I woke up again.

I could feel everything now, and looked around. The room was empty, except for my mom, lying asleep in a chair beside me, and my bed, now soft. “Mom?” I croaked, and she jerked awake, instantly by my side, holding my hand. “Caroline! Honey!” she put her other hand on the side of my face. “Who took you? Where’s your brother?” she asked.

“I….. I…..” I stammered, “ I don’t know. In a room.”

“A room?” she squeezed my hand. “Where?”

“I don’t know!” I cried out. “In a safe place!”

“What?” she looked utterly confused.

“I don’t know! They put a bag over my head!”

That’s when I couldn’t take it anymore. I busted out crying. Racking with sobs. A doctor rushed in and by then I was gasping in between sobs. “Calm down Caroline, just calm down.” The doctor said, pushing me back against the bed, “You’re in a safe place.”

Voices and images flashed in my ears and in front of my eyes. You’re in a safe place. “No!!” I screamed, bolting upright. “No! There’s no safe place!” I felt a sharp prick on my arm and my whole body started to go numb really fast. “No….” I whispered. I grabbed at my mom’s hand. “Howard….” I blacked out.

The Doctor was Mr. Howard.


PART 1- Click Here
PART 2- Click Here
PART 3-  Click Here
PART 4-Click Here
PART 5- Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment