Thursday, May 15, 2014

Write a story that includes a streetlight, a bear, and a kid with a jar of honey- PART 4


I bundled up in a ball, with my knees to my chest and eyed them all, acting terrified. “Caroline, we’re not going to hurt you, come here.” The man said and walked around the cot to me. I scooted away and ended up backing into Mr. Howards arms. He grabbed me held me in a hugged position. I just sat there, acting dazed. He pulled me up and sat me back on the cot, putting me in a laying position. They all left but didn’t close the door all the way, so I could hear them clearly outside of the room. “What are we going to do?” “She looks like she’s in shock.” “I don’t know.” “I have an idea.” At that moment the door shut and they walked away from the room. Darn! What was the idea! Sighing, I turned over on the cot and tried to get some rest, this acting was going to be hard work, and all I could do in between with a camera capturing all my movements was sleep. So I did.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and bolted awake, then remembered that I had to be acting, so I tipped the cot over and landed on the floor. Feel arms grab mine; someone set the cot up again and set me on it. It was Mr. Howard. “You have a visitor.” He said and went to the door. I stared blankly after him, but fought my emotions inward. In he stepped with a teenager, bag over head, hands tied behind his back. I could tell it was a boy, because of the Call of Duty shirt he was wearing, and it was short sleeve showing his muscles. I tried to hold all of the emotions back staring blankly at the floor, while my mind was going thousands of miles a minute. Who was it? The bag was tossed at my feet. I didn’t look up. I couldn’t. I knew who it was; the Call of Duty shirt had a scripture on it. Just like my brothers. I just didn’t know which of my older twin brothers it was. “Caroline!” Josh. It was Josh. It took every muscle in my tired body not to jump up and give him a hug. But I didn’t. I just looked at the floor, with the bag on it. “Why don’t you have a seat Josh?” Mr. Howard said, and I could hear Josh being shoved to the ground. Composer, Composer, Composer. This was their idea. And it wasn’t going to work.

“I’ll leave you two alone….” I could hear him smirking. The door shut with a thud. I didn’t take my eyes off the ground.

“Caroline!” Josh said standing up and coming towards me. I looked up blankly, no expression. He had a black eye. “What have they done to you?” he asked, getting on his knees to look me right in the eye. My fingers switched and he glanced down. I stared straight ahead. P-L-A-Y T-H-E G-A-M-E I finger spelled in silence without moving anything but my fingers, Josh keeping his eyes down but his head up. He looked up and stared into my eyes. He got up and sat down on the cot, hands still tied behind his back. Sighing, he looked at me and said, “Mom and Dad are worried sick about you. Now they’ve got me to worry about.” I hugged my shoulders and slumped forward, my now loose hair falling around my face. I felt a nudge at my arm and shrank back. “Could you please loosen these Caroline? Please?” Josh asked, pleading. I could tell he was faking it, just a twin sense of each other. I stood up and walked to the other side of the room. Sat in a corner, and put my head between my knees. I looked up briefly to see Josh now lying sideways on the cot now. He looked at me, and then closed his eyes. This was going to be a long night or day. Whichever it was.
PART 1- Click Here
PART 2- Click Here
PART 3- Click Here


1 comment: