Monday, May 12, 2014

Write a story that includes a streetlight, a bear, and a kid with a jar of honey- PART 2


I woke up to being lifted out of the trunk in a laying position in someone’s arms. I lashed out with my tied legs but was only held tighter and someone else grabbed my legs. “Let go of me!” I screamed out, “What do you want with me!” “Quiet.” I heard a voice close to my face. “We’re taking you some place safe.” Safe? What is he talking about ‘safe’? I heard a creek of a door and felt the air get slightly colder.  I screamed out again. “Help me! Someone! Help!!” then I heard a door shut.

Another door opened, and then shut. Then another.

Walking a ways, I kept lashing out, trying to break free. Finally they stopped and opened another door. Walking into an echoing room, I was laid on something, a mattress, cot, perhaps? The door shut again, and I could feel that I was alone. I kicked out with my legs, but touched nothing.

“Help!!!!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. I wriggled and twisted some more, but it was no use. The ropes were too tight. So I just laid there, listening. I heard other voices outside of the room, far away. They sounded like kids, or teenagers, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying, because the bag muffled the sound. I screamed again, “Somebody!!!!!! Let me out of here!”

The door opened with a small creak and closed with another. I twisted and shook my head violently, trying to get the bag off. But it didn’t move.

“Stop making noises, or they’ll give you some medicine to make to sleepy.” A small female voice said close to my ear, I jerked my head back and banged my head on what felt like a solid brick wall. “Ow!” I cried, but felt a small hand press over the bag onto my mouth. “Shhhh!” the voice whispered again.

“Who are you?” I asked, once the hand was away. “My names June.” The voice answered, close to my face again. “June? How old are you?” I asked, she didn’t sound like even a 12 year old. “10.” She answered behind me, and I felt little finger’s pull at the ropes. “They tied them really hard; you must have been a bad girl.” What? What did she mean? “June, where am I?” “You’re in the safe place, where no one can hurt you.” She answered; I felt a tug at my legs, where the rope was.

Suddenly, the door opened and I heard footsteps. “June!” a man’s voice rang into the room. “What are you doing here?!?” “I….I….” I could hear June stammer, “I heard her call for help, she sounded scared and sad, I wanted to help.” “You can help her later June, she’s been a bad girl, and she needs to stay alone.” The man said, quieter, and calmer now. “Oh, ok.” June answered the man, and I hear a rustling noise, “I’ll see you later, girl.” And then small pattering footsteps faded.

I heard footsteps coming closer to me, and felt the cot creak as someone sat down on it. I shook violently from fear and pushed against the wall.

“There’s nothing to fear, we won’t hurt you.” A deep male voice said beside me, the same voice that had sent June away.

“Who are you? Why did you take me?” I asked, trying to control the shaking. “Ahhhhh……” the voice said, trailing off. “As to whom I am, the children refer to me as Mr. Howard. And as to why did we take you, well, I didn’t, some other men made the mistake of taking you, your too old to be here.”

“Then. Then, what are you going to do with me?” I stuttered.

“I don’t know.” he answered, getting off the cot. “All I do know is, you better not take that sack off. Cause if you do, you’ll never leave here alive.”

I heard a door close, and I lay there in silence. The door opened again, after I had no idea how long, and closed. “Girl?” a voice asked. June. “June! You came back!” I sighed, I hated to be alone.

“Of course I did. I have to show you something.” She replied, and I felt the sack being removed from my head. Once it was off, there in front of me was a small 10 year old girl, with brown hair and brown eyes, staring at me. “What did you want to show me?” I asked,  looking around the brick room, nothing was in it, but the cot I lay on and a camera at the side of the room. A camera. A video camera.

“June! Put the sack back on my head! Now!”  I demanded.

“But look!” she said, holding up and  jar of some type of golden liquid. “What’s that?” I asked, trying to hurry her along. “A Jar of Honey!” she exclaimed, laying it down beside the cot.

“Alright June, put the sack back on my head, now.” I commanded. “Don’t you want to know what it’s for?” she asked, pleading. “Yes, after you put it back on my head.” I answered.

June picked up the sack and pushed it over my head. “Thank you, now, why did you come to show me a jar of honey?” “Because,” she said, kind of in a sweet way. “This is what they use to put you to sleep. So never eat it.”

What? How could a jar of honey, put me to sleep?

Before I could ask the door opened with a bang and June squealed, frightened. “June! Get out of here now!” an unfamiliar voice ordered.

Suddenly, all was quiet. “June, what are you doing with that jar?” the man asked, worried. “I was just showing her how pretty it was.” June answered sweetly, not a hint in her voice that she was lying. “Give me the jar, and go play.” The man said and I heard June leave. But the door didn’t close.

“What did June tell you about this jar?” the man said, he sounded closer now.

 

What do I do? I asked myself. June and myself would probably be in big trouble if I told the truth. But I couldn’t lie. Something deep down told me to just be silent and still. So I lay there, motionless, breathing easy, not saying a word.

 

“Girl, you better answer me, what did she tell you about this jar.” He used it as a statement then. Still, I was silent, feeling probably the way Jesus felt at his with the men at the temple.

 I closed my eyes and relaxed. I wasn’t going to say a thing.

I felt the bag being ripped off my head but I remanded still. Never opening my eyes.

The door slammed, and I was left alone. And I fell into a deep sleep.


PART 1- Click Here
PART 3- Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment