Friday, May 16, 2014

Write a story that includes a streetlight, a bear, and a kid with a jar of honey- PART 5


I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I just sat there, hugging my knees to my chest.


The door opened again and a lady with a white mask, like the one they use in theater, and laid a tray of food in front of me and left. Not giving Josh any. I looked at the tray, and my stomach rumbled. It was a large plastic cup with ice water, a cup of red jello, and two pieces of bread with, with, honey on it. I picked up the glass of water and drank alittle but didn’t touch the food.


“Caroline, you have to eat.” Josh said getting up and coming over to the corner. I picked up the jello and spoon, and scooped up a spoonful,  sticking it right in Josh’s open mouth. After he swallowed, he said, “YOU need to eat that, not me.” I picked up another spoonful and put it in his open mouth. I took a spoonful and it was gone. Looking at the bread with honey, I was temped. I loved honey. But…. No. I picked up the plate, with the bread and turned it over on the tray,  resting the plate on top of it. I pushed it with my foot away from me and hugged myself in a ball again. “Why did you…….” Josh started, but stopped. It was almost like he understood. He laid back down and I  just sat there, thinking.


How was I going to get out of here with Josh too? Plans ran through my mind, but nothing stuck. I was stuck. Josh was stuck. And it felt like there was no way out. I must have been thinking for a while, because Mr. Howard came in and took up the tray. Flipping the plate over, he saw the untouched bread. He looked up and I feel to the ground with a thud, in a laying position now. With eyes closed.


“Caroline!” I heard Josh cry out. Then I heard another thud. The tray dropped at my feet and I felt prick at my arm, but before I could react, my whole body went numb. Before I blacked out out, I heard Mr. Howard say in my ear, “I’m taking you home, and you’ll never see your brother again.” That’s when I blacked out completely.


God, Please help me, was my last thought.
PART 1-Click Here
PART 2- Click Here
PART 3- Click Here
PART 4- Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment