Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Write a story that includes a streetlight, a bear, and a kid with a jar of honey- PART 3


When I woke up again, my feet were untied and the bag was off my head, but my arms still ached behind my back. I swung my feet over the cot to one side and sat there. How was I going to get out of this place?

I stood up and walked around the room, stretching my legs. They wobbled from time to time for laying so long, so I took it easy. My bellbottom blue jeans were smudged with dirt, probably from the entire scuffle. But my Sweatshirt looked completely fine.

Why did they take me???? I wondered. Kids had been going missing all over town, and there was no trace of them. They usually disappeared after school, like I did.

My legs were aching to run, so it must have close to morning, because I always went for a warm-up run before school. Mom and Dad are probably worried sick, but at least they know I’d never run away. I loved my home, my life, and my family.

I sat down on the cot and sighed. Lord, what am I going to do????

The door opened a few minutes later and in came 2 masked figures. A man and a woman.

I shuffled backward, almost tipping over the cot. “Don’t be afraid,” said the woman, she had on a black ski mask, a black pencil skirt, and long sleeve button down shirt. “We won’t hurt you.”

 

“Why does everyone keep saying that!!!” I screamed at her bolting to my feet. “I want out! Out!”

 

“Now don’t get excited,” the man said, he was a muscular built man, with a ski mask also, with black pants and a black short sleeve shirt. “Don’t get excited?!?!” I screamed. “I’m not excited! I’m furious!!! I don’t care if you dumb me half a mile into the woods, I just want you to let me out!”

 

“You’ll be very happy here, don’t worry.” The man said, putting both hands on my shoulders and pushing me down to the cot. “Happy?!?! I’m happy at home! At school!!! With my family!!!” I screamed at both of them. They looked at each other and the man shook his head, almost sad like. They both left in a disappointed rush, and I screamed after them, “My parent’s LOVE me!!! And I love them!” with that, the door shut again.

 

I could hear voices outside the room with the bag off my head much clearer. And up at the top of the room were two vents in the wall, just below the ceiling, where the light was coming from. One familiar voice was Mr. Howard. “She sounds mad.” “She is…….” “Do you think we could change her mind?” “Doubt it, but we could try.” “And if it doesn’t work?” “We’ll have to dumb her somewhere.” “Alive?” “I don’t know.”

 

I sucked in a deep breath. Change my mind……. Alive?...... I don’t know……..

 

Then a thought occurred to me. Be silent, be still???? What would they do if I was unresponsive? Dazed? Shocked? They would probably think I’ve lost my mind. And let me go………….

“I’m going to talk to her.” I  heard Mr. Howard say. I faced the wall and curled up in a ball. Eye’s wide open. The door creaked loudly and shut. “Caroline?” How did he know my name?? Still, I didn’t move.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and was rolled over. I stared blankly at him. He had a ski mask on. “Caroline? Talk to me.” He shook me a little from the shoulders, but I just slouched over. “Freeman! Barb! Get in here!” he yelled at the door. “Caroline, Honey, answer me!” The two masked figures came in to the room and stared. “What did you do to her?” Mr. Howard screamed at them. “Nothing!” they both said at once. I felt the ropes being cut  from my scratched wrists and put in front of me.

 

“She playing you Howard.” The woman said, stepping closer. “Don’t trust her.”

 

“What? Look at her! She’s not making this up! I even shook her and she didn’t even blink!” he exclaimed, grabbing me again, he looked into my eyes. I shriveled away, tucking into a ball.

“Caroline, don’t act like this.” The other man said, stretching out his hand. I looked up in horror. Mom had always said I was good at acting, I’d better live up to what my mom had said, it might save my life.

I back away and fell out of the cot to the other side.

 

This was going to be fun.


PART 1- Click Here
PART 2- Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment